Hi, I’m Rebecca Fischer. I grew up bilingually, speaking German and English. Languages have always fascinated me and that is why translating is just the right business for me.
I have a bachelor’s degree in Transcultural Communication and a master’s degree in translation (German, English, Spanish). In 2020 I finished my doctor’s thesis on terminology in higher education. To deepen my legal knowledge, I also visited selected courses at the faculty of law in Vienna.
My area of expertise, in which I also have some work experience:
- Specialised translation
especially of (legal) texts in the field of (higher) education and quality assurance
- Localisation of websites
- Proofreading of German and English texts
I have also translated medical, cultural, and technical texts and looked into media translation and subtitling.
Some of my voluntary activities:
- Vice-Chair of the Parish Council (Pfarre Währing)
- Editor of the church magazine (Pfarrblatt)
- Head of PR and group member of climate action
- Training of readers (liturgy, confirmation)